Summer Internship (Children & Youth)Posted by: Travis Barnett
Posted date: Apr-17-2017
Location: Monroeville, IN
Our church is nestled in a small community just outside of both Fort Wayne and Decatur, Indiana where there is presently no children’s ministry. As such, we seeking an intern who will primarily focus on partnering with us to minister to the needs of children and families in our community. We have some ideas for the programming, but we really want this person to be able to cast vision and work within their style and gifts.
Additionally, our youth ministry, which began roughly six months ago, is currently running 15-20 students a week, but it could use additional leadership/assistance in being a more relational ministry.
• Provide Christ centered, child focused teachings and experiences for children with Sunday morning and an additonal time during the week as the primary anchor point(s).
• Develop relationships with youth, children & families by communicating, engaging and encouraging the children in their life with and outside of the church while also providing resource for parents.
• Initiate and direct several special discipleship, fellowship and outreach events for children throughout the Summer (e.g. VBS)
• Equip and empower volunteers
• A Christ centered and Biblically grounded calling to work with families and children.
• A commitment to personal spiritual development.
• A commitment to growing and discovering how to be a more effective children’s minister
COMPENSATION: We are open to a variety of arrangements, but we are capable of providing housing and giving a small weekly stipend. If you are seeking college credit for your internship, we would be more than willing to comply with whatever requests/guidelines that your institiution has for internships.
CONTACT: Pastor Travis at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or interest