Church of the Nazarene Job Board - Positions by Category: YouthPosted by: Randy Ledsome
Posted date: Mar-20-2017
Location: Charleston, WV
Responsible for the spiritual and administrative leadership of the student ministry at ERNC. Responsibility is inclusive of Student: Middle School (grades 6-8) and High School (grades 9-12).
Demonstrate loyalty to and unity with ERNC congregation, church staff, Leadership Team and the Senior Pastor.
STUDENT MINISTRIES PASTOR RESPONSIBILITIES
1) De velop and communicate the vision/mission and goals/objectives of the Student Ministry.
2) Guide the staff/teachers/volunteers in planning and implementing ministry programs for Students from 6th to 12th grades, which are consistent with the mission and values of the Student Ministry.
3) Provide encouragement, support, and accountability to all areas of Student Ministry.
1) Encourage, develop and lead potential ministry staff/teachers/ volunteers.
2) Identify, recruit, and develop new people to become leaders in the Student Ministry. (which includes the training and development of the youth leaders)
3) Provide training and nurturing for all volunteers involved in the Student Ministry.
1) Give Direction to the development, writing, selection, and evaluation of curricula used in all aspects of the Student Ministry.
2) Teach GodÔs word to various groups of students as appropriate.
3) Oversee and develop others in the ministry of teaching students.
1) To chair the Student Ministry Council meetings. Planning for entire summer with at least one major Student activity per month and one minor event.
2) Coordinate follow-up with new students and families.
3) Contact and follow-up with absentees and new student contacts
4) Assume Pastoral Care responsibilities for all hospitalized or sick students
Student Ministry Programs and Special Events:
1) Sunday Evening P.M.
2) Sunday School
3) Wednesday Night Program
4) Participation in District and General Church Events
Student Ministry Team will develop and direct these programs and others as agreed upon with the Student Ministry Team under the leadership of the Student Pastor.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the person occupying this position. The Student Pastor will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties assigned by the Senior Pastor.