Located in Boston's south shore we are a multi-service church with a big heart for our community. We do invest our resources and great importance in Children and youth ministry, however we are now in need of a Youth Pastor to join our team.
Responsible to connect, care and encourage youth to grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ and each other through spiritual leadership and role modeling. This includes the development of programs, events, recruitment of volunteers and fundraising. As a part of the Staff and Leadership Team, the Youth Pastor promotes and facilitates the interaction and relationship between the youth and the congregation in general as well as youth participation in the church’s life and leadership.
The primary role for this position is to develop youth programs, including weekly youth group meetings, Sunday School participation, retreats and mission trips. Leading alongside volunteers, the youth director provides a forum for youth to learn about God in a fun and friendly way.
Work in partnership with the Lead Pastor and staff to meet objectives, strategies and plans for the church’s youth ministry and as a whole. Function as a member of the church’s ministerial staff through participating in assisting with ministerial roles as needed by the team. Able to think, plan, and act strategically and relationally. Focused on developing leaders and has a passion to help people grow personally and spiritually.
Essential Job Functions
- Be an advocate for youth and educate the congregation about the hopes, concerns and needs of youth in the local church and community
- Lead weekly youth activities. Prepare or provide Biblical instruction within the doctrine of the Church of the Nazarene.
- Function as overall leader of Youth Ministries, volunteer leaders and ministry direction.
- Recruit and train volunteers who work with youth in all aspects of youth ministry and ensure adequate volunteer support and adult-to-youth ratios.
- Research and lead fundraising programs to support ministry events
- Be Youth Ministry representative and liaison at weekend worship services.
- Develop and monitor Youth Ministry Budget
- Mentor youth in developing their leadership skills.
- Be a liaison between the church and other community organizations, people, and resources that relate to youth and youth ministries.
- Keep records of youth participation and manage the youth ministry budget.
- Communicate in a timely manner and as effectively as possible using all available resources (email, website, bulletin, newsletter, bulletin board, etc.). Ensure communication with the Lead Pastor, church staff, leadership team, parents, volunteers and the congregation as a whole.
- Work in concert with the gifts and talents of other staff members and maintain a teamwork mentality.
- Ensure that the Child Protection Policy is observed in all youth ministry settings.
Education and Experience
Although experience and proficiency with Youth is preferable, this position can be one that molds into South Weymouth Church of the Nazarene’s requirements, vision and goals. Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree in biblical studies or related field is preferred. (Extensive ministry experience, in some cases, can be substituted.) The successful individual will be a strong Christian leader with a solid work ethic and ability to administrate as a department head. A working knowledge of Microsoft Office or Pages, and social networking web applications is encouraged.
Housing - Provided w/ utilities (2 bedrooms single house, basement, garage, backyard)
Health Benefits - Negotiable
Salary - competitive stipend