The role of the Worship and Creative Arts (WCA) Pastor is to oversee all elements of service programming for D1Naz under the direction and leadership of the Lead Pastor. This will require a firm grasp of the beliefs, values and strategy of D1Naz and the ability to align staff, leadership teams, and volunteers with its mission, vision and values. The WCA will lead all components of worship programming including music, audio, video, lighting, creative elements and series planning.
The Worship and Creative Arts Pastor will be responsible for the following:
1. Modeling Biblical Priorities: Responsible for upholding Biblical priorities and core values of D1Naz. The WCA should represent a growing personal relationship with Christ. The WCA models a strong relationship with his or her spouse (if married) and children (if applicable). The WCA strives to fulfill his or her purpose in life and ministry while demonstrating integrity in words, relationships and actions. These objectives are accomplished by:
• Committing to a daily quiet-time with God.
• Participating in a D1Naz small group on a regular basis.
• Setting appropriate boundaries to protect character and integrity.
• Developing personal evangelism opportunities within and outside the church.
• Supporting the ministries of D1Naz by faithfully giving at least 10% of gross income.
• Adhering to and encompassing the qualities and characteristics required of D1Naz employees, as defined by the Staff Handbook.
2. Program Planning: Responsible for all details related to the planning and execution of dynamic programs including, but not limited to, weekend worship services, leadership events and other ministry programs. This is accomplished by:
• Facilitating brainstorm sessions to generate fresh ideas and creative elements for service programming.
• Leading weekly meetings to plan and coordinate music, video, technical, and creative elements to be used in service programming.
• Developing systems to create detailed scripts at least two weeks prior to the event date including musical, technical, video, and other program notes and assets.
• Leading regular evaluations and critique sessions to maintain a bar of excellence and monitoring the impact of service programming.
3. Series Development: Responsible for working with senior pastor to plan and develop series that accomplish the vision as well as spiritual, educational and organizational goals of the church. This is accomplished by:
•Scheduling and leading series planning meetings to plan series at least 6-9 months in advance.
• Creating and managing systems/processes to work with all team members to develop a series from idea to implementation.
• Developing the WCA team and delegating responsibilities related to creating series summaries, developing promotional elements and creating service scripts that are fluid, consistent and ultimately accomplish the goals of the series.
4. Musical Direction: Responsible for casting vision, monitoring and influencing the musical direction of D1Naz to ensure it reflects the vision, values and goals of the church. These objectives are accomplished by:
•Leading music staff to arrange and compose fresh, innovative musical arrangements and worship/music sets.
• Overseeing the philosophy, systems and deadlines related to the production of dynamic worship/music sets.
• Creating and managing systems/processes to work with all team members to develop a series from idea to implementation. |
• Creating goals and accountability that encourage music staff to network, recruit and develop musicians and singers (strive to be at least three deep in every position.)
5. Technical Direction: Responsible for overseeing the audio, lighting, and video technology for D1Naz including maintenance, programming and purchasing.
6. Budget: Responsible for overseeing and managing the creative arts budget. Ensures that all guidelines for expenses and purchases are followed by team members.
7. Staff Supervision and Development: Responsible for providing leadership to the creative arts team. The WCA leads, evaluates and mentors existing creative arts volunteers and prioritizes future staffing needs. Includes the following responsibilities:
•Supervising the creative arts team in day-to-day operational activities.
• Overseeing the training and development of the creative team.
• Recruiting and empowering volunteers to serve for scheduled programs.
• Maintaining a strong network of relevant professionals (worship leaders, musicians, technical engineers, graphic designers, web developers, etc.)
• Developing ministry partnerships with outside vendors that share D1Naz’s commitment to excellence.
Bachelors Degree in a related field
Experience in a large church setting (500+)
Proven experience in team building