Youth leaderPosted by: John Sadler
Posted date: Feb-01-2017
Location: Rock Hill
Profile: Rock Hill First
722 N. Jones Ave.
Rock Hill SC, 29730
· Organized in 1935, this church is one of the “original 10” that composed the South Carolina District.
· Active website
· Blue collar congregation
· Church is conservative
· Some diversity is reflected in children, youth and adults
· Worship: Blended, leaning toward traditional, very expressive
· Church’s ministries include: Children’s, Youth, Men’s Fellowship, Ladies Ministry, Prime Timers, Prayer, Card ministry, VBS
· Ministries to community: Prison Ministry, Clothes Closet, Project Sparrow
· Good reputation in the community
· This is a mission-minded church, committed to Nazarene missions
· Located in an older, residential area
· The sanctuary (built 2003) seats 396
· Family Life Center (Attached) seats 250, and contains a commercial kitchen
· Separate Youth Building- a house with full kitchen
· Youth Pastor Parsonage—brick, 3 bedrooms, 1 bath (recently remodeled)
· Two 15-passenger vans, bus
· 9:30a.m. Sunday School
· 10:45a.m. Sunday worship
· 6:00p.m. Sunday night service/Youth service
· 7:00p.m. Wednesday night Bible/Youth service, Children’s Program
2014 Statistics 2015 Statistics
· Members 263 261
· Profession of Faith 5 1
· Discipleship 89 83
· Worship 130 135
· There are 64,000 souls in the mission field (within 4 miles of the church)
· The mission field is growing faster than the national average (1.4% vs. .8%)
· The mission field is slightly younger than the national average
· The mission field is slightly less educated than the average community
· The mission field is diverse (35% Black, 55% white
· Community is sports—minded, and a sports destination for youth tournaments, Football, soccer and lacrosse
We are looking for a fulltime youth leader.
We are looking for someone to grow our youth group and reach the community around the church. Someone that will minister to the family as well as the youth of the family. Someone that believes relationships are the key to an effective ministry and is will to put the time necessary to develop those relationships. We would hope that in the relationship building process the person would visit schools, sporting events, and any other events the youth are involved in.
There are two services a week the youth pastor is responsible for. Sharing the Bible and Christian life experience should be done in a way that makes it easily understood, but also challenging. We would want our youth to be involved in District events as well as planning summer, and winter retreats. We would like to see mission projects done in the community to get the youth involved in mission as much as possible.
We have a 3 bedroom 1 bath brick home, where we pay all utilities, cell phone and internet. We also offer $13,000 a year for living expenses. Along with ministry expenses reimbursements. We don’t offer health Insurance.