Medford First Church of the Nazarene
MIDDLE SCHOOL PASTOR
Medford First is a growing multi-generational, multi-cultural, multi-congregational church with a focus on helping people take their next-steps in finding & following Jesus.
In the past three years we have seen strong growth in both gathering people for worship and in sending them out on mission. We’ve grown from 800 to 1,400 in weekend worship attendance, launched a growing Spanish-speaking congregation, seen 70% of our congregation participate in discipleship environments, and increased engagement with our neighborhood through community service initiatives and strengthened relationships with our local and global mission partners.
Our Vision – Helping people take their next steps in finding and following Jesus.
Our Values – We are: Loving, Authentic, Growing, Optimistic, Generous, and Missional
Develop leaders who help students 6th-8th grow in faith and maturity in Christ.
Large Groups: Saturday Nights 6pm, Sunday Mornings 9am, Sunday Mornings 10:45am
Small Groups: Student Growth Groups
Personal Growth: Daily Devotional Guides, Weekly Service Opportunities
Regular Events: Winter Retreat, Summer Camp, Raft Trip
Age Appropriate Environments (Large Groups)
- Teach and train others to teach in the Middle School environments
- Provide age appropriate curriculum that is centered on Jesus, highlights core values, equips leaders to lead, theologically correct, and is fun.
- Ensure proper child physical, emotional, and social safety in all middle school environments and events
- Develop worship environments and teams that help middle school students connect with God
- Provide fun games and activities where students can connect with leaders and one another
- Ensure smooth transitions are made as students transition into middle school ministry from children’s ministry and into Sr. High ministry
Recruiting and Developing Leaders (Small Groups)
- Recruit and develop middle school adult mentors to lead groups (Table Groups/Growth Groups)
- Develop a middle school ministry leadership team
- Assist in promoting Growth Groups to parents, encouraging them as the spiritual leaders of their homes
- Communicate vision casting and information consistently and effectively with the middle school team
Activate the Spiritual Development of Students (Personal Growth)
- Provide and promote materials for students to spend time hearing from God
- Ensure students are getting connected to serving within the life of the church
- Develop events intended to move students to growing in faith and maturity. (currently, Winter Retreat, Summer Camp, and Summer Raft Trip) ** Outdoor Experience a plus.
- Participate in District Middle School Summer Camp
Personal Growth and Development
- Participate in Grow Team and All Staff meetings for information, input and training
- Attend leadership community for personal growth and training of the Sr. High ministry team
- Various other duties and projects as assigned
Average Hours/Week: 55+
Status: Full Time
Location: Medford, OR
Reports To: Grow Pastor