Children's PastorPosted by: Ben Umbel
Posted date: Dec-02-2016
Location: Creswell, OR
We are seeking someone to build and bring leadership to our ministry to children and their families. A well qualified candidate will:
1. Have a vibrant, growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
2. Have a heart for reaching into and serving the community.
3. Have a heart for children and their families.
4. Have a heart for seeing children called into ministry and to foster and develop that call.
5. Be a servant leader and a team player.
6. Have previous children's ministry experience.
As children's pastor it will be your responsibility to oversee all aspects of the children's ministry including Sunday morning, weekly and monthly activities and:
1. To work with the Lead Pastor in developing and casting vision for children's ministry.
2. Work with the Lead Pastor, church board and other children's ministry volunteers to implement and maintain a child protection policy for the church.
3. To build and train a team of volunteers and to serve as a shepherd to the team.
4. Participate in training opportunities and continuing education.
5. Oversee and approve children's ministry curriculum; maintain a budget; maintain a clean and healthy learning environment from week to week
6. Serve as a shepherd to children and their families- praying for, visiting, counseling and discipling them.
Salary is for 20-25 hours per week and will be based on experience.