Associate Pastor (Worship and Youth)Posted by: Brandon Williams
Posted date: Aug-22-2016
Location: Oregon, OH
Associate Pastor Position Description
General Summary – The Associate Pastor will give leadership and oversight to the youth ministry in making disciples of youth and their families along with leading the worship ministry of our Oregon Campus. The Associate Pastor is expected to develop leaders through discipleship who will do most of the hands on ministry in these areas.
Key Responsibilities –
Youth (28-30 hours per week)
1. Recruit, disciple and train volunteer leaders to mentor and disciple teens.
2. With church leadership team, cast vision for Youth Ministry that is balanced in up, in and out.
3. Integrate culture, language and structures of discipleship and mission into the Youth Ministry.
4. With East Toledo Campus Pastor, set direction and build volunteer team for youth ministry at East Toledo Campus
5. Develop and manage the Youth Ministry budget.
Worship (10-12 hours per week)
1. Recruit, disciple and train musicians to lead worship through playing and singing.
2. With preaching pastors, select songs for weekend worship set.
3. Lead or oversee worship practice weekly to prepare for service and help musicians grow and develop in their skills and abilities to worship and lead others in worship.
4. Lead or oversee worship during Sunday services.