Church of the Nazarene Job Board - Positions by Category: FamiliesPosted by: Michael Yost
Posted date: Jul-26-2016
Location: Longview, Washington
Position Purpose: To build, direct and lead programming for Family, Early Childhood, Elementary, Middle School and High School age youth. The Pastor of Family Ministry shall seek to foster Christian community through building relationships with families and young people that strengthen their commitment to the church and growth in faith in Jesus Christ.
Responsibilities: Subject to review and adjustment in conjunction with the supervising pastor and the Church Board, the following constitute the major responsibilities of the Assistant/Associate Pastor of Family and Youth Ministry at LCN.
1. Oversee the Youth and Children’s Ministry including recruitment and training of adult volunteers.
2. Plan and implement age appropriate activities for children and youth.
3. Develop an annual budget for Family Ministries.
4. Coordinate fund-raising activities that support special family and youth activities and trips.
5. Participate in weekly Sunday morning services and develop, lead, and/or coordinate Sunday morning classes.
- Coordinate all children and youth activities with other ministries of the congregation in cooperation with staff.
- Be in contact with office staff and provide a timely and accurate schedule of children’s and Youth activities.
- Keep the congregation informed of events by coordinating the publicity for children’s and youth activities
- Provide monthly reports for the Church Board and a year-end report for the congregation.
- Manage the disbursement of budgeted funds for children’s and Youth Ministry within the guidelines of the approved budget and in adherence with the purchasing policies of the church.
- Provide for the keeping of administrative records needed to provide the Past and Church Board information needed for future planning.
- Encourage families and all young people to participate in all facets of the life of the community of faith (including worship, CORE groups, educational opportunities, youth activities, camp, service projects, etc.)