Worship LeaderPosted by: Clay Mitchell
Posted date: Jun-30-2016
Location: Fergus Falls
The Naz – Fergus Falls First Church of the Nazarene Fergus Falls, MN
• Maintain an authentic and growing walk with Jesus Christ through the ongoing spiritual disciplines of Bible reading, prayer, and accountability with a mentor.
• Spend time developing relationships with lost people so as to be personally effective in pursuing the Great Commission and leading the church to do the same.
• Develop humility through teamwork to communicate effectively, resolve conflicts and above all, commit to one another to champion the mission, vision and values of The Naz
• Love God, Invite Others, Grow Together
1. Authenticity 2. Relationships 3. Growth 4. Serving 5. Teamwork
• Facilitate and Celebrate the Win - Host a warm and genuine experience from parking lot to parking lot, resulting in everyone taking the next step.
PRIMARY OWNERSHIP AREAS
• Overall vision for music and worship leader for services
• Direction, support and development of worship team and their skills
• Spiritual direction, support, encouragement of all team members
• Volunteer Assimilation of all teams with scheduling and communication
• Create and maintain service schedules through Planning Center and print off schedules for the booth for each service.
• Prepare and organize weekly rehearsals with the worship and tech teams – Includes: identifying the song set, what keys are best, the flow and transitions between each song, and assigning the different parts to each team member.
• Manage the song list in Planning Center to properly and optimally prepare all team members for rehearsal – this includes maintaining the different keys, videos, and media files for any given song.
WORSHIP TECH TEAMS
Develop, Equip and Train to create a quality product:
• Sound Team
• Lights Team
• Video Team
• Guide video recording of service
• Edit and finalize recording for website and upload TV broadcast
• Coordinate video elements for all ministries
• Develop and oversee the Creative Team that will brain storm and execute the creative pieces of all sermon series; with a major focus quarterly.
• Implement all themes, titles and staging at a team level
COMMUNICATION AND MARKETING
• Oversee creation of all communication materials related to worship services (bulletins, invites, sermon notes, videos, slides, etc.)
• Oversee Social media communication
• Provide vision and direction for the look, feel and content of The Naz website
• Attend staff meetings
• Oversee and be accountable for the worship team budget
• Arrange availability for special events, services, weddings and funerals
• Support and assist with musical needs in all ministry areas
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
• Music Ministry Degree
• Minimum 1-2 year internship or experience
• District licensed or pursuing ordination in the Church of the Nazarene
• Planning Center, Pro Presenter 6 Specialist
• Strong organizational skills with attention to details
• High leadership and administrative gifting and self-motivated.
• High level of relational skills and possess a team building spirit; including leading and collaborating with staff, musicians and volunteers