Minister of MusicPosted by: Tim Lichtley
Posted date: May-23-2016
Location: Brownstown, Indiana
Brownstown Church of the Nazarne
616 W. Commerce St.
Brownstown, IN 47220
Senior Pastor: Rev. Tim Lichtley
Minister of Music Job Description/Expectation
The music at Brownstown Church of the Nazarene exist to lead our congregation in meaningful worship each week and to provide ministry outlets for those interested in music, drama, and the arts. The music ministry should utilize and embrace the traditions of the past, while incorporating new music that supports our Wesleyan Holiness theology.
· Profess and maintain a personal relationship with Jesus Christ through active bible study, prayer and personal worship
· Profess to the experience of Entire Sanctification
· Be gifted and trained in the area of music
· Be able to organize, plan and lead worship services
· Strive to create an atmosphere of worship that leads the congregation into God’s presence.
· Work with the Senior Pastor to plan the Sunday morning, Sunday evening worship services and Wednesday evening Prayer Meeting.
· Work to create a worship service that blends the music of the past with music of today.
· Provide leadership, guidance and training to members of the praise team, musicians, and participants in Sunday specials
· Prepare necessary music for each of the musicians, praise team member and choir members when applicable.
· Prepare corresponding Power Points for music selected
· Work with the Senior Pastor to determine appropriate music for invitation time at close of each service
· Lead the congregation in worship during worship services
· Organize/create a music library including printed music and Power Point files
· Design and plan the monthly special music schedule
· Lead and provide direction and guidance for personnel in the sound booth in regards to technical aspects of the worship service
· Organize, practice with, and use the church choir during the morning worship service at least monthly
· Schedule the quarterly tuning of the piano
· Meet with the Senior Pastor weekly to discuss services, calendar items, needs and any concerns
· Attend monthly board meetings and give a written report of your activities for the month
· Plan worship music for special services such as revival when requested
· Plan and organize fifth Sunday Singspiration
· Assist the Senior pastor with calling and visitation as needed and as request by the Senior Pastor
· $24,000 annually