Children and Nursery DirectorPosted by: Ben Cremer or Erica Pearce
Posted date: Apr-09-2016
Location: Boise, Id
The children’s ministry director is responsible to oversee the church’s entire children’s ministry to ensure a smoothly operating, safe and effective program. The director will train leaders who will touch children’s lives with God’s love, teach them God’s Word and provide fellowship with God’s people-laying a foundation that will keep children interested in the things of God and involved in church.
Accountable to: Pastor
Position May Be Filled By: Church member
Maturity Level: Stable, maturing Christian
Spiritual Gifts: Administration-Evangelism-Pastor/shepherd
Talents and Abilities Desired: Good organizational skills, Ability to motivate and connect with children, Good communicator, Ability to take care of young infants if needed.
Anticipated Time Commitments: Doing ministry/preparing for ministry: 5-10 hours a week
Requirements: Run thru background check
1. Cast the vision for children’s ministry and keep it in front of the people.
2. Work with the pastoral staff to coordinate any church programs and functions with the church’s overall mission, vision, and purpose statement.
3. Represent the interests of the children in the church’s care at all decision making meetings and sessions.
4. Participate in training opportunities and continuing education.
5. Oversee and coordinate all aspects of the children’s ministry.
6. Organize training and planning sessions for children’s leaders/workers.
7. Work with Pastor to implement and maintain a child protection policy for the church.
8. Provide leadership and serve as shepherd to the children’s ministry leadership team.
9. Approve all children’s ministries programs, curricula, and activities.
10. Develop, submit, and monitor the children’s ministry budget.
11. Keep and maintain a clean and healthy environment week to week.
12. Serve as pastor to the children in your care – praying, visiting, counseling, discipling.