Youth Worship DirectorPosted by: Choongho Kwon
Posted date: Aug-11-2015
Location: Kansas City, Missouri
Youth Worship(Youth Church) Director
Avondale United Methodist Church (Kansas City, Missouri) is looking for a creative youth worship leader, who will create a youth praise band and provide spiritual experiences to the youth group on Sunday mornings. It is a part-time position, to be filled by the end of August, 2015.
Youth Worship (Youth Church) Director:
This person will report to the Senior Pastor.
In staffing the Youth Worship Director position, we are looking for someone who:
· Is growing as a disciple of Jesus Christ and has a positive attitude.
· Will understand and embrace the overall mission and values of Avondale United Methodist Church
· Will create an age appropriate worship experience on Sunday mornings for youth that contributes to and deepens their spiritual formation.
· Plays an instrument (guitar or keyboard) to lead worship.
· Is able to build a youth praise band who can lead a youth worship service.
· Communicates well with youth and youth parents
· Has skills to use social media for communication
· Ensure that the church’s safe sanctuary policy is followed.
· Will collaborate with other staff, youth coordinators and parents
Work Hours & Compensation
· Prepares and leads a minimum of 40 Youth Sunday Worship Services per year in addition to several special services through the year
· Work Hours: 10 hours/week
- Including Sunday Work Hours: 8:30 am – noon (3.5 hrs)
· Salary: Starting with $8,000/year
- Additional $1,000/year for Professional Expense