Creative Arts and YouthPosted by: Joshua Johnson
Posted date: Jul-20-2015
Location: Santa Maria, CA
Cornerstone Nazarene Church is a church that has enormous potential. Pastor Josh and Courtney have been serving as the Pastors for 4 1/2 years. They are energectic and have a heart for the Santa Maria community. This is a church that has been changing and evolving over the past few years. We have a great worship team and core youth to build upon. Come be a part of a great story. This is a solid part-time position that could work into being full-tIme. We are looking for a Director of Worship and Youth. Pastor Josh looks forward to talking with you.
Director of Creative Arts and Youth
Purpose: To head up our worship and arts department as well as disciple our youth. Hours: Part-Time
To the Senior Pastor
Job Duties Include, But are not Limited To: Creative Arts:
1. Help the Pastor evaluate all liturgy, lighting, and audio visual.
Discipleship of Youth:
1. Development and oversight of Cornerstone’s youth department, this includes leading a youth service each week.
2. Attend and contribute to weekly services for Cornerstone Church
4. Maintain appropriate dress for Youth Ministry functions as well as abiding by appropriate dress code requirements for Sunday morning worship services. Business casual is acceptable.
1026 E. Sierra Madre Santa Maria, CA 93454
P.O. Box 5515 Santa Maria, CA 93456
Contact : Josh Johnson Senior Pastor
5. Maintain and coordinate the youth calendar.
6. Participate in District events such as Elevate and/or Camp.
7. Make parent communication a priority. (Always call parents if you take kids off the church premise.)
8. Develop and maintain a Youth Ministry Budget for Cornerstone Church
9. Follow Cornerstone Church guidelines for appropriate contact with members of the opposite sex and leadership requirements.
a. All adult leaders must be background checked.
Other General Expectations Include:
1. Should always exhibit professionalism, demonstrated by: a well-groomed appearance, conscientious work ethic, willingness and ability to work at a fast pace within a variety of settings and circumstances, with composure and flexibility.
2. Should be ever conscious of the need for confidentiality.
3. Should exercise discernment and wise judgment.
4. Should be a person who gives extreme attention to details with an eye for excellence.
5. Should be a self-starter, good at multi-tasking and prioritizing projects.
6. Maintain personal spiritual development through Bible reading, prayer, and Christian community.
7. Abide by all policies set by the church (See the 4 C’s worksheet in your packet).
8. Please respond to all email’s within a 1 day turnaround.
9. Attend the weekly staff meeting.
10. Attend a professional conference once a year. (Include in your annual budget request)
11. Recruit, Train, and Lead Volunteers. Retire volunteers when needed if they do not meet the expectations of a ministry leader provided approval of the Pastor.
Vacation and/or Sick Leave: