Worship PastorPosted by: Pastor Matt Reynolds
Posted date: May-27-2015
Location: Roanoke, VA
Title: Worship Pastor
Reports To: Senior Pastor
Position Status: Part-Time (10-15 hours per week)
Purpose: The worship pastor is responsible for the music ministry of the church.
· Growing relationship with Jesus Christ
· Support the doctrine of The Wesleyan Church
· Understand theology and its importance in worship
· Lead worship in all services: Sunday morning, Sunday evening, and any special services (revival, mission’s conference, etc.)
· Choose and organize music weekly
· Lead band rehearsals weekly and additionally as needed
· Familiarity with sound, media, lights, etc.
· Oversee production team (sound, multimedia, etc.)
· Put together order of worship for services
· Strong piano player and vocalist (ability to be a soloist is a bonus)
· Outgoing and strong communicator
· Have the ability to inspire and pull people into worship
· Lead and understand the importance of blended worship
· Organize special music: solos, duets, trios, ensemble, etc.
· Teachable attitude
· Heart of a servant
· Build strong relationships with those in the worship ministry
· Recruit and develop additional vocalist and band members
· Make home/hospital visits to those in the worship ministry and additionally as requested by the senior pastor.
· Occasionally lead Wednesday evening Bible study