NOTE: WHEN RESPONDING TO THIS OPPORTUNITY, PLEASE ATTACH RESUME TO EMAIL (CONTACT INFO BELOW). IN THE BODY OF THE EMAIL, REPLY TO THIS PROMPT: IN 10 SENTENCES OR FEWER, EXPLAIN WHY THE FOLLOWING POSITION ON THE K.C.N. TEAM FITS YOUR GIFTINGS? BEFORE REPLYING, I WOULD ENCOURAGE YOU TO FAMILIARIZE YOURSELF WITH K.C.N. FROM OUR WEBSITE. KONACOASTNAZ.COM.
Job Description, Responsibilities, and Contract for Hire
The Associate Pastor (AP) balances two administrative and one pastoral role for Kona Coast Naz (KCN): property management, administration, and pastoral leadership. As the Property Manager, the AP serves the faithfulness of KCN as the facilitator of all building usage. As the Administrator, the AP is the office manager and assures financial accountability and transparency. As a Pastor, the AP directly supports the Senior Pastor in meeting the pastoral needs of KCN.
· The AP will report and be directly responsible to the Senior Pastor
· The AP will welcome accountability from the Pastoral Team, which is regularly discussed at required staff meetings.
· The AP is expected to be professional and perform his/her duties at the highest level of excellence.
· The AP in coordination with the Senior Pastor will set regular scheduled office hours.
· The AP and Senior Pastor will conduct an initial verbal review after three months.
· Annually, the AP and the Senior Pastor will work together on a review.
- Property Manager
- The AP maintains Primary Church Calendar, the Building Use Form requests and fulfillment, and facility schedules.
- The AP serves as onsight property manager, responding to facility needs, collecting rent, and assuring landscape upkeep is maintained.
- The AP serves as the KCN administrator fulfilling the following responsibilities:
- Minister of hospitality to the KCN offices, which includes greeting visitors and answering to emails and phone calls in the spirit of Christ.
- Assure that all district reports and annual reports are submitted professionally.
- The AP ensures financial integrity and transparency through fulfilling the following responsibilities required for fund-based financing:
- Logging of all tithes and offerings, keeping donors’ information accurate and up-to-date.
- Managing all designated funds.
- Oversee accountability for expense and reimbursement requests.
- The AP manages both bills payable and bills receivable.
- The AP balances KCN checking and savings accounts.
- In preparation for monthly KCN Board meetings, the AP will produce a standard monthly financial report.
- The AP, in partnership with the North Kona pastoral staff, is responsible for overseeing the construction of worship liturgy, bulletins, and additional material for Sunday Celebrations.
- The AP oversees Sunday set-up and break-down teams.
- In partnership with the Minister of Worship, the AP organizes special worship opportunities and events.
- The AP serves as the primary pastoral care provider to KCN (including but not limited to hospital calls, house visits, and emergency needs)
- The AP participates in the annual preaching schedule.
- The AP will assist in Course of Study teaching, training and mentoring of newly called ministers, and licensure oversight.
At this time, the AP is a full-time, pastoral position. The following summarizes the compensation for the AP:
- Cash: TBD
- Housing (including internet, trash, utilities): TBD